Every year approximately one in five Australians experience a mental health problem. Having the knowledge and confidence to appropriately support an individual dealing with a mental health crisis can be invaluable.
This training program is designed to provide the necessary skills to be able to recognise a mental health crisis and respond accordingly. Students will learn structures and strategies for dealing with crisis situations, within legal and ethical guidelines.
Units of Competency:
CHCCCS014 - Provide Brief Interventions
CHCCCS019 - Recognise and Respond to Crisis Situations
- Recognise and respond to immediate safety concerns
- Structures and strategies for dealing with crisis situations
- Provide referral for crisis intervention support
- Use brief intervention strategies
- Appropriately monitor brief intervention strategies legally and ethically
- Emotional Intelligence and empathy skills
- Care for self
13th and 14th December
16th and 17th February
For a full list of course prices as well as funding options and more course information please contact us on 4969 7544.