HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
About this Course
Provide First Aid is a one-day course that will help you to gain the skills and knowledge to save a life!
Provide First Aid is a one-day course that will teach students how to respond to emergency medical situations in everyday life. Learn how to manage casualties until the arrival of professional medical assistance. This can improve the likelihood of a desirable outcome for the injured. Which can mean the difference between life and death. Provide First Aid is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course includes CPR.
Learn How To:
Respond to an emergency situation
Apply appropriate first aid procedures
Communicate details of the incident
Review the incident
This course is the minimum requirement for Australian workplace first aid compliance. Provide First Aid meets the requirements of the Safe Work Australia code of practice for first aid in the workplace. Current industry standards require renewing this certification every three years. The CPR component should be updated yearly.
Unit of Competency
Upon successful completion, learners will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally recognised unit:
HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid*
*previously known as HLTAID003
- Workplace delivery available for groups (conditions apply)
- Basic Emergency Life Support
- Providing CPR and Using and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Administering and auto-injector for anaphylaxis
- Administering asthma medication
- Appropriate immobilisation techniques for envenomation
- Non-life threatening bleeding
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bites and Stings
- Bandaging fractures, dislocations and sprains
- Legal responsibilities of a First-Aider
- .... and much more
|First Aid||12 December 2023||09:30 am–04:00 pm||BROADMEADOW|