Maintaining infection prevention and control in all environments especially during a global pandemic is not easy if you have not learnt the skills or have the knowledge to implement the necessary procedures.
This is an essential course for all individuals particularly if you are working in the hospitality, human care services or any other face-to-face contact industries.
This course teaches students how to comply with infection control regulations, standards, guidelines, policy and procedures and to identify, manage and control infection risks to clients, themselves and other workers.
It is becoming increasingly critical that people have this knowledge and skills. By completing this course participants will be confident to implement the correct procedures to prevent infection in their home and workplaces.
Download the course flier.
- Hand hygiene practices
- Hand washing procedures
- The chain of infection
- Breaking the chain of infection
- Hand care procedures
- Covering cuts and abrasions
- Personal protective clothing and equipment
- Guidelines for glove use, wearing gowns and waterproof aprons, wearing masks and wearing protective glasses
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Environmental and surface cleaning, procedures and equipment
- Handling, transporting and processing linen
- Procedures for disposal of contaminated waste
- Handling and cleaning equipment
- Infection hazards associated with own role and work environment
- Areas of responsibility in relation to infection prevention and control
- Assess risk by determining the likelihood and severity of harm from identified hazards
- Documenting and reporting activities and tasks that put self, clients, visitors and/or other workers at risk
- Control measures to minimise risk in accordance with organisations procedures
- Protocols for care after exposure to blood or other body fluids
- Infection Control signage
- Removing spills
- Minimising contamination
- Identifying, separating and maintaining clean and contaminated zones
- Confinement of records, materials and medicaments to a well-designated clean zone
The aim of Infection Prevention and Control is to decrease and manage the spread of infection to others and yourself. Transformational Institute is dedicated to ensuring students receive the very best results from their study by providing them with the resources needed to achieve their goals. This course uses safe work practices based on knowledge of microbiology and the spread of infection.
For upcoming dates please submit an Expression of Interest form.
Please contact us for enquiries.
Government funding is available through our Smart and Skilled contract for eligible participants.
Funded Fee: $0 (government funding available for eligible participants)
*The student enrolment fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Please contact our team to discuss your eligibility for funding.
The student cost is set by Training Services NSW and all costs will be confirmed prior to pre-enrolment.
For a full list of course prices as well as other funding options and course information please contact us on 4969 7544.
How to Enrol - Find out how to enrol.
- Government Funding is available under smart and skilled for eligible participants. Other funding options may also be available for you, please contact us for more information.
- Pay upfront for the full cost of your qualification in one easy payment.
- Set up payment plan (contact us for more information).